Living Room Furniture Buying Guide
Is your living room ready for a makeover? How about a new sofa, love seat, accent chair or table? Check out these smart tips, tricks and favorite pieces from the Warehouse at Huck Finn’s leading design team!
What’s your style?
There are so many pieces of high-quality furniture to choose from in our warehouse. So where do you start? In our opinion lets think about style. What is the result you are looking to achieve? Here are some top style choices that we can help you achieve at The Warehouse at Huck Finn:
- Country Chic
How big is your space?
Determining how big your space is will help determine how much furniture, what size rug and how many accents you can add to your design. For smaller spaces, look for dual purpose furniture like ottoman/coffee tables and reclining couches. When planning what pieces, you want to add to your design also think about how you will set up the room. Don’t be afraid to push furniture to the middle of the room, angle furniture or divide the room into sections. The Warehouse at Huck Finn design team is standing by to help!
Here are our favorite living room furniture ideas!
- Group Seating – Add a sofa or sectional to your design. By adding a sleeper sofa, you can entertain overnight guests in addition to or instead of having a guest bedroom. We have fully customizable seating options, so we are sure to have the perfect piece for your style and space.
- Chairs – Add a matching chair to your room with our fully customizable options in our Bassett collection. This will add additional seating without missing a beat. You can also add some fun elements to your living room by adding an accent chair. You can add a patterned chair or even a colored chair to add a pop of color or tie in additional accent around the room. This is really fun to add to any design!
- Tables – Adding end tables or a coffee table is a perfect way to make sure your space is multi-functional. You can host family game night, your next sports game party or eat dinner while catching up on your latest Netflix binge show. Tables make sure that there is a place to put your drink or set up a game board. Tables can also add additional storage so adding the perfect table should be a necessary part of your design.
- Storage – Shelves and cabinets are some great pieces to add to your living room. They serve as additional storage for all the things you may want to hide from guests like DVDs, books, and gaming consoles. Shelves also are a great way to pull your living room together through accessories.
- Rugs – To really hit your design out of the park add an accent rug to your living room design. Rugs can be colorful, textured and patterned and can go with any design style. The Warehouse at Huck Finn has an extensive collection of area rugs and out design team is ready to help find you the prefect rug today!
- Accessories – When adding the finishing touches to your living room design, think about lighting and accessories you want to use to pull the room design together. Based on your design style, you want to think about pieces that go with that period or what just makes you happy. We have numerous accessory pieces available in our store. Stop in and find your perfect pieces.
We hope this living room buying guide helps you make some important decisions about your living room makeover! Just a reminder our design experts are ready to help you find the perfect pieces for both style and functionality. Once you're ready for your living room makeover, we can help bring your dream living room to life and create a great space that fits your style, space and budget.Schedule your design consultation today, we can’t wait to get started!