Featured Brands: Best hard and soft mattresses for your back
A common question we receive is, “What is the best mattress for back pain?”
With over 16 million adults (8% of adults) experiencing chronic back pain and 80% of adults experiencing back pain at some time of their life, it’s no wonder why so many people want a mattress that can help alleviate their symptoms. Because there are so many causes due to back pain, you don’t want your mattress to be another reason why you wake up uncomfortable.
In this article, we’ll discuss our favorite hard and soft mattresses and what ones are perfect for you! Plus, we offer a sample of these products in our store that you’re always welcome to come in and try.
Let’s get started finding the right mattress tailored to your needs!
Why does my mattress cause back pain?
There are so many reasons why your mattress can contribute to your back pain. The biggest culprit though is sleeping on the wrong mattress. If you don’t choose the right surface for your sleep habits, you might develop issues like neck stiffness and shoulder aches on top of chronic back pain.
Besides hurting your back, the wrong mattress could reduce your sleep quality and leave you not feeling so great in the morning. Here, are some telltale signs that your mattress could be hurting you rather than helping:
- You wake up with back pain
- You have restless sleep
- You’re sinking into your mattress
- Your mattress feels too hard or soft
- Your mattress is older than 7-8 years old
- You’re tired upon waking up
- Your mattress is sagging
Benefits of soft mattresses
Soft mattresses have soft coils or foam, hence why they’re a “soft” mattresses. This allows people to gently sink into the mattress surface. Despite, urban legend, you can choose a soft mattress for back pain. They provide some great benefits, such as:
- Aligns hips (a great option for hip pain!)
- Relieves joint and muscle pains
- Reduces lower back pain
- Improves quality of sleep for light sleepers
- Easier to set up in your home
Benefits of hard mattresses
Now, that we’ve discussed the benefits of soft mattresses, let’s talk about hard mattresses. Hard mattresses have firm coils or foam that prevent people from sinking into the mattress. They’re another great mattress for back pain. Some unique benefits of hard mattresses include:
- Proper body alignment
- Reduces pressure on your circulatory system
- Reduces stress levels
- Last longer than soft mattresses
How to choose the best mattress for back pain
If you’re ready to try out a new mattress to improve your quality of life, we have some great brands that we personally feature at The Warehouse at Huck Finn. People constantly come running back to these fan favorites for a reason! Plus, we have a large selection of mattresses from each of our collections, so you’ll find the best mattress for back pain tailored to your unique sleep needs.
Here, are three of the brands we suggest and our top picks of hard and soft mattresses.
Serta Mattress Collection
Your best night’s sleep starts with Serta! This brand uses revolutionary technology that’s personalized to your ideal level of comfort. There’s also cooling comfort and support built-in as well. Some different mattress types Serta offers include:
- Memory foam – This option has foam designed to contour your body to reduce pain and improve sleep quality. High-density foam can provide great spinal support and alignment, as well. Some good hard and soft Serta memory foam mattresses are the Perfect Sleeper, luxury firm, and iComfort CF1000, medium.
- Hybrid – This is a slow-melting option that has a little bounce, so you don’t feel like you’re sinking into your mattress. They’re a great balance of comfort and support. Our favorites include the Perfect Sleeper, Hybrid, and iComfort Hybrid CF1000, medium.
- Innerspring – This budget-friendly option is a good, familiar option that has many options and additions. It contains thousands of coils and springs that support your body.
There are many models of Serta’s Perfect Sleeper and iComfort available at The Warehouse of Huck Finn, so be sure to come in-store to check them out!
King Koil – The Warehouse at Huck Finn
Do you want to rest easy and comfortable? Now, you can with The Warehouse at Huck Finn by King Koil. This mattress is built with premium materials that accommodate everyone’s comfort preferences. They’re also budget-friendly, so you don’t need to break the budget to find the best mattress for your back pain.
The Simmons Mattress Experience
For nearly 150 years, this has been one of the top-rated mattresses at The Warehouse at Huck Finn. We have a large selection of different comfort and support levels to relieve your back pain. Plus, some mattresses now come with exceptional technology to support and provide you with a restorative night’s sleep. From HD memory foam to energy foam, there are over 24 surfaces and six support technologies for you to choose from.
Wake up without back pain: Come visit us!
With so many options to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find the best mattress for your back pain at The Warehouse at Huck Finn. Our mattress experts will help you find the optimal comfort and support for your back pain. Stop by today and get started improving your sleep and quality of life!