Choosing the right area rug for any room in your home can be a difficult decision. How big and what shape should it be? What colors should it have? What patterns compliment or enhance the interior design of the room? What purpose will it serve? Our team hopes to make this decision a little easier for you.
How to Choose A Rug:
What size rug do I need? Large vs. Small Area Rugs
Rug sizes should be proportional to the room size and the furniture it will be accenting. Consider the space you want the rug to occupy and how you will layout the furniture on or around it. A larger rug can accommodate a "floating layout" where all furniture is placed within the borders of the rug. A smaller accent rug can still accentuate a space by placing furniture around it or by keeping just a portion of the furniture on the carpeting. The right accent or area rug in combination with right furniture grouping can create an anchor that brings a room together. We have area rugs ranging from 2'x3' to 10'x14'.
What type of area rug should I buy?
- Wool Rugs – These strong and durable rugs are made from natural materials and act as a deterrent to dust mites. They are naturally hygienic and non-allergenic.
- Chenille Rugs – These velvety rugs are known for their incredibly soft yet textured appearance. These rugs are beautiful and feel great, but are a more sensitive material which should be kept in lower traffic areas.
- Braided Rugs – Rugs that look great on both sides and are a staple in many American homes. Different fibers can be used to create the braids of a rug which are then sewn together to create the final piece. They come in rectangles, ovals and rounds and can be found in a variety of sizes, patterns and colors.
- Outdoor Rugs – Get the look and feel you expect inside when you are outside. Most outdoor rugs are mold and mildew resistant and are treated to prevent fading from the sunlight. These rugs are made of long lasting materials like bamboo, nylon, polyester, polypropylene and more.
What style accent rug should I get?
Rug styles can help to create a mood within a space or room of a home and speaks to your personality and design aesthetics. Look to compliment your décor, furniture tastes and design elements to have an item that will blend with the space rather than detract from it. We provide a variety of different styles:
- Traditional – Patterns representing the more traditional rug styles found throughout Europe and Asia. The traditional rugs you see today often use a more current color pallet and often incorporate geometric patterns or can include more organic patterns found throughout nature. Traditional Oriental and Persian motifs are still used as well.
- Contemporary – Make a strong statement with the bold color selections and stark geometric design elements found throughout these rugs.
- Transitional – If both traditional and contemporary styles peak your interest, the transitional or casual styles are a blending of the two. With a mixture of complimentary design components you can make both parties happy!
- Shags – Bring the softness and warmth of a shag carpet to your space. Shag area rugs use pile that is an inch or longer, enhancing visual appeal through texture and depth.
- Handmade – Expert craftsmanship shows through in these artistically woven rugs. From rustic to elegant designs these area rugs are sure to be an eye catching and functional piece of home décor.